Junior Product Developer
Design / R&D Team – Stockholm
Do you have attention to detail and do you know directly the key ingredients for a great product? Do you know how to develop products, visualize ideas and find creative solution? We could give you an opportunity to work in a creative team with the greatest designs in the world.
About the job
As a Junior Product Developer you will be an essential asset to the R&D team. You will work closely with our Head of Design to develop and visualize our assortment and transform design proposals into actual products. A big part of that development is to define the concept, do market research and basic Business Cases.
You are curious, ambitious and self-driven. You have a really keen sense of quality and design, focusing on the details, but at the same time you have the possibility to take a step back for a holistic approach to the assortment. You have a good understanding of furniture design, materials used and production techniques, and where you are lacking knowledge you will make sure to be proactive to learn and understand.
- Minimum 1 years of experience from a similar position in the furniture industry
- You have a Master's degree or equivalent in Product or Industrial Design
- You know how to visualize ideas in a clear and simple way, with sketches and 3D models
- You have good knowledge about materials and production processes
- You are technically skilled and like to find solutions
- You are fluent in spoken and written English
- You have strong communication skills and work in a structured and efficient manner
- You are proactive, finding solutions before problems arise
- You take ownership for tasks, products and situations
Hem is a Stockholm-based independent design brand creating a new generation of sustainable furniture, accessories and lighting. Together with vanguard designers and renowned European manufacturers, Hem crafts iconic products for homes and workplaces all around the world. Please visit hem.com for a view on our world. Hem is employing colleagues who have intuition for the times in which they live. Who are motivated by curiosity and a who applies a researching attitude, who have the guts to ignore conventions and come up with their own distinctive answers.
The Application process
Please apply via Teamtailor, remember to attach both resume and a cover letter. The position is based at our Head office in Stockholm, however Non-Swedish residents are welcome to apply. Interviewing for this position will start immediately. (Note that only applicants with full working rights in Sweden will be considered for this vacancy).
- Start: As soon as possible
- Work extent: Full time
- Location: Stockholm, Vasastan