Product Design Engineer
Design / R&D Team – Stockholm
We are looking to add a Product Design Engineer to our R&D team and we think you can be the perfect candidate! If you love to develop qualitative furniture and have a track record to prove it, this could be a perfect opportunity for you. We are looking for an independent team-player who thrives in the unknown and loves to explore new things.
Hem is a Stockholm-based independent design brand creating a new generation of sustainable furniture, accessories and lighting. Together with vanguard designers and renowned European manufacturers, Hem crafts iconic products for homes and workplaces all around the world. Please visit hem.com for a view on our world. Hem is employing colleagues who have intuition for the times in which they live. Who are motivated by curiosity and a who applies a researching attitude, who have the guts to ignore conventions and come up with their own distinctive answers.
As a Product Design Engineer you will be working closely with the entire R&D team, defining the products, evaluating prototypes and ensuring that the products are produce in accordance with our requirements.
This is a great opportunity for a driven engineer with experience in the furniture design industry. Your contributions will be highly appreciated as we see great value in each employee who is talented, proactive and ambitious. Come join our team and you will find colleagues who are as driven as you, working with a global vision, limited only by the efforts of the team.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a similar position in the furniture industry
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or similar
- You have been working on a daily basis with 2D and 3D CAD, including surface modelling
- You have an outstanding knowledge about materials and production processes
- You are technically skilled and like to find solutions
- You are fluent in spoken and written English
- You have strong communication skills and work in a structured and efficient manner
- You are proactive, finding solutions before the problems arise
- You take ownership for tasks, products and situations
Please apply via Teamtailor, remember to attach both resume and a cover letter. The position is based at our Head office in Stockholm, however Non-Swedish residents are welcome to apply. Interviewing for this position will start immediately. (Note that only applicants with full working rights in Sweden will be considered for this vacancy)
- Start: As soon as possible
- Work extent: Full time
- Location: Stockholm, Vasastan