Quality Assurance Lead @Hem.com
This position is no longer active
Either the position was filled, or the ad has expired. Please have a look at some of our current job openings:
Are you Hem.com's next Quality Assurance Lead, the person who will be responsible for securing the quality of the production in Europe for one of the most progressive companies within the design furniture industry?
Hem.com is the first accessible high-end design brand within home furnishings created to serve online-direct customers. Their global operation spans over 35 markets. Working with some of the world’s most talented designers they create a new generation of original furniture, lighting and accessories. By cutting out the middlemen and taking control of the full supply-chain Hem ensures the highest quality at the lowest possible prices. Hem is a fast-growing startup backed by a solid Swiss financier with long experience in the design furniture industry.
As the Quality Assurance Lead you will part of the Operations team. Your key responsibilities will be to own the processes concerning creating, implementing, documenting and follow-up on the in-the-field quality control necessary to securing that Hem.com’s furniture lives up to the high-quality standards their customer expects. In addition, you will mantle an important role in the product development process for both current and new product launches.
You will be required to travel between Hem’s suppliers to conduct routine quality controls, document and communicate results, and take necessary actions. You will be required to independently and proactively suggest and be part of the team executing on quality improvement initiatives in line with the company strategy. This includes:
- Be part of the team setting up and continuous improving the quality control process for the European supplier base (routines, documentations, standards, contracts, quality sheets, etc.)
- Manage the in-field quality control prior to shipments
- Daily contacts with suppliers planning quality controls and improving production routines
- Investigate customer claims caused by suspected production issues process
- Be part of the new product launches process with responsibilities for assessing and approving quality and finishes of prototypes, the 0 series and making sure all necessary documents for quality specifications are in place (quality sheets, 2D and 3D drawings, master samples, etc.)
- Advising in choice of materials, production technologies and producer of products
- Proactively suggest product improvements and can independently drive projects from idea to implementation
- Testing, analyzing and improving packaging solutions always striving for the best packing from a customer experience perspective at the lowest cost
- Maintaining supplier relations
- Organizing supplier visits
- Be part of supply chain optimization projects and cost reduction initiatives
We believe that you live in Poland and are working in a similar role today with a deep knowledge of quality assurance processes and execution. You have a passion for perfection at the same time as being able to prioritize and focus improvement initiatives on what generates the most bang for the buck.
As a person, you are self-motivated, prestige-less and communicative. You get motivated by working in a startup environment, are willing to get your hands dirty, and can work with multiple stakeholders simultaneously. You are a team player with a sense of humor, that is always willing to lend a hand. You love traveling and building long-lasting relationships the people you meet.
The role requires you to be fluent in both English and Polish. Italian is also meriting.
Hem.com offers you a challenging job with the possibilities of pushing your boundaries in a fun and fast-paced environment.